An introduction to...well me.

An introduction to...well me.

SyberSmoke

Apr 13 2019 at 12:22pm
Good day,
Let me be honest, life can be F'd up. I was married for 16 years and have three kids. The relationship ended because of communication issues and her developing Bi-Polar 2 during our marriage. She pulled the trigger and I am picking up my Reeses Pieces...so there is my recent drama. Better to be upfront and out of the way with it.
Why say that first, well...surprises suck sometimes, but they are also a time of transition and change, a way to find something missing. So that is why I am here. I am a geek and it took the death of my relationship to point out what I would like next.
I want something that I can have in common with a future partner...and I do mean partner. The next woman I fall for I would like to have some common interests. Night after work chilling on a couch and watching Crunchyroll together or may be playing some co-op on the PS4 or computer.
I have also learned what I could improve and have grown since then. But I will save that for if you would like to talk some. So that said first and foremost I am looking for a partner and friend. A woman that can understand my quirks and for whom I can do the same.
Distance is not to much of a concern for me, my ex was in IA when we met online and me in CA. So I can do LTR, but of coarse would love to meet in time as well. But for now talking is fine as you never know what way things will go. I expect to make new friends and I hope to meet a kindred soul to share what we both enjoy with.
So there it is, if you want to know more...ask. I am an honest person, an open book. All you need to do is turn the pages and ask the right questions. I will not lie, I will be genuine (assuming I can spell the word right). Because what do I gain by being fake...nothing at all.
Thanks for reading, have a good one!
Edited by SyberSmoke Apr 13 2019 at 12:23pm

Whatyouwant

Apr 13 2019 at 12:30pm
Man comes alone into this world and leaves alone.
I lost my entire family due to sad circumstances. My only friend committed suicide. People with whom I meet only receive gifts from me and are not even interested in how I am doing. And everyone is interested only in himself/herself/itself.
Great wisdom - just enjoy life. But life is sh*t and people are trash. Imaginary worlds only way out.
Edited by Whatyouwant Apr 13 2019 at 12:33pm

SyberSmoke

Apr 13 2019 at 12:38pm
All to true at times Whatyouwant. And it is also a problem, yes we are always interested in what suites us best. But at the same time would should be concerned with those around us. A friend, a fellow geek, she showed me compassion and helped me through my hardest time.

For it, I am doing the same for her during her troubles right now, infact I bought her a new computer so she could have one, no one had ever been that generous to her.

The point is that there are people, like myself and her, that understand what a friend should be. Not some click in facebook, not some follower on a stream, not even most people we know and call friends. But those that deserve the term. Those that will come to you even though you offer nothing but drama and sorrow because they know you would do the same for them. I have two true friends in my life and I reciprocate in kind.

I hope you find the same some day man, I do.

Whatyouwant

Apr 13 2019 at 12:52pm
I have never had real friends who will support a kind word.
But life has made me the way I am.
I can afford to travel, do my favorite thing. And probably this is important.
But many admire me (unreal me).
Many people are simply unable to accept me.
Everyone is afraid of their feelings for me. Even my friend confessed to me in love before suicide. And the person with whom I spoke on this site just put me on the black list on all social networks. Maybe I can not communicate ...
I hope everything will be alright. I wish you happiness.

SyberSmoke

Apr 13 2019 at 01:37pm
Whatyouwant, And you as well, I hope you find a way to find some one that can be there for you as you are there for them. Sounds like you have things you see that could use work, that you can improve. Find out how and grow to be better for your self and others. And you will get there.

Do not change...just realize where you faults are and work to move beyond them and you will find what you seek.

Whatyouwant

Apr 13 2019 at 02:12pm
With each failure, I have more and more flaws. But thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

SyberSmoke

Apr 14 2019 at 04:34pm
Whatyouwant, we all have flaws, we really do. I mean I can be insensitive, distant, blunt, tactless, and far far more. But the point is, I know it, I am aware of my faults...well those faults at least.

It is not so much the negatives that we need to worry about, those are easy to see. It is about seeing a way to move past, to be patient when you want to push. To be tactful when your tempted to tell the a hurtful truth. To think in those times when your not thinking.

You practice, you learn, and you try to be aware of what your doing and then adapt to that. Not to change, but to grow past your perceived limits. It's hard...but with time (has taken me many years...20 or so) you can adapt and blunt your worst impulses.