Can we Talk about She-Ra? (The Netflix One)

Can we Talk about She-Ra? (The Netflix One)

Peachtea

Mar 31 2019 at 07:23pm
now to be honest I'm mostly looking to talk to people around my age group about this (18-25) but I'm not going to stop anyone from replying obviously. I just love the show so so much and it makes me so happy. I recently cosplayed Adora but so far have not gotten any pictures from the convention back to show it off any. My closest friend was Catra and boy howdy were we gaying it up. I guess I really want to know people's favorite parts of the first season, expectations for next season, and favorite characters. Maybe even cosplans? I plan on cosplaying Entrapta, I really want to cosplay scorpia though as well, but I'll want to save up money to comission a wig from my favorite scorpia cosplayer.

ReelSmallFish

Mar 31 2019 at 07:30pm
I'm glad you enjoy it--personally, it isn't my cup of tea. The writers/voice actors hate the work they're on --but if I have to say who my favorite character is, it might as well be Adora herself.

Has a whole chockful of potential.
Edited by ReelSmallFish Mar 31 2019 at 07:50pm

Peachtea

Mar 31 2019 at 07:55pm
Quote (ReelSmallFish * Mar 31, 2019 19:30)

I'm glad you enjoy it--personally, it isn't my cup of tea. The writers/voice actors hate the work they're on --but if I have to say who my favorite character is, it might as well be Adora herself.

I clicked on the link listed and it just seems like exclusively spoilers which I really don't want to see, so I didn't listen to it or anything. Do you have anything about season one, or do the writers just have a problem with season two?

ReelSmallFish

Mar 31 2019 at 08:04pm
Quote (Peachtea * Mar 31, 2019 19:55)

Quote (ReelSmallFish * Mar 31, 2019 19:30)

I clicked on the link listed and it just seems like exclusively spoilers which I really don't want to see, so I didn't listen to it or anything. Do you have anything about season one, or do the writers just have a problem with season two?

They're basically taking potshots at the original while working on season 2.

Jarrecko

Mar 31 2019 at 08:16pm
Quote (Peachtea * Mar 31, 2019 19:23)

now to be honest I'm mostly looking to talk to people around my age group about this (18-25) but I'm not going to stop anyone from replying obviously. I just love the show so so much and it makes me so happy. I recently cosplayed Adora but so far have not gotten any pictures from the convention back to show it off any. My closest friend was Catra and boy howdy were we gaying it up. I guess I really want to know people's favorite parts of the first season, expectations for next season, and favorite characters. Maybe even cosplans? I plan on cosplaying Entrapta, I really want to cosplay scorpia though as well, but I'll want to save up money to comission a wig from my favorite scorpia cosplayer.

I did try it. Didn't really work for me. Mostly the Animation was the problem, for a show published by Dreamworks who did the visually stunning Voltron Show it's bizarre to me how cheap She-Ra looks. I'm not going to fault anybody for liking it though.

Peachtea

Mar 31 2019 at 08:18pm
Quote (Jarrecko * Mar 31, 2019 20:16)

I did try it. Didn't really work for me. Mostly the Animation was the problem, for a show published by Dreamworks who did the visually stunning Voltron Show it's bizarre to me how cheap She-Ra looks. I'm not going to fault anybody for liking it though.

really? I enjoyed the animation style alot, I thought it was pretty smooth and I especially enjoyed details like the characters eye shape and such.

Ihaveakeyblade

Apr 2 2019 at 11:37pm

I really enjoyed the show personally, but everyone I speak to about it has nothing but contempt for it. I dont understand the negative response I saw from people. It has a few not-so-great moments but it's solid overall.

Jarrecko

Apr 9 2019 at 08:41pm
Quote (Peachtea * Mar 31, 2019 20:18)

Quote (Jarrecko * Mar 31, 2019 20:16)

really? I enjoyed the animation style alot, I thought it was pretty smooth and I especially enjoyed details like the characters eye shape and such.

I dunno, maybe I'm just being a dick but the Animation and character designs just comes across very Avatar the Last Airbender-y to me. As in it's trying to copy Avatar and it's formula. Granted there's more to it than that, I am a fan of the Masters of the Universe/She-Ra universe that this show is based on and I'm not really sold on a lot of the designs. Some of them are a definite improvement like Catra. Others I'm more 'meh' on. I don't really have any issues with She-Ra herself like so many people throwing tantrums about this show. The breast thing that people complained about is whatever. I don't think giving She-ra bigger boobs or making her look more conventionally feminine would do much to make the show better or worse. I'm more interested in the content itself, the story, the animation, the characters. I just found some of that stuff lacking.