Lost Causes?

Lost Causes?

Oenus

May 9 2018 at 06:43pm
I just recently stumbled on this site, after reading an article where it was listed at the second most popular dating/social site for nerdy or geeky people, so I thought to myself, “what the hell,” and signed up.
I actually liked the profile creation and the layout reminds me of old school websites, so the nostalgia was nice - but I started to wonder about how current the activity is on here. I have noticed it says some people have been active recently, so that is hopeful, but then all of these Forums seem to be pretty vacant, and have been for some time.
I guess part of me is hoping that there is still activity on here and that just maybe I’m not just wasting more of my time chasing dreams or fantasies. If you happen to take the time to read this, why not drop a line or two and maybe we can start bringing in some activity, make a connection or two.

Echoplex

May 10 2018 at 05:13am
I joined yesterday too, and agree... Was excited by the old school layout.. forums.. chat... And was hopeful that a place like this was active. I'm from the age of telnet talkers ;-)
Shame it seems mostly dead.

Oenus

May 10 2018 at 08:36am
That is pretty cool, I never used telnet, but I did use old IRC and old browser chat rooms back in the day.
So what brought you here? Maybe there is just now a wave of us who will find this place together - we are the result of a couple days :-)

Bbc24

Jul 26 2018 at 09:24pm
add me to that list

Deleted Member

Jul 28 2018 at 12:31am
I just signed up today, and I was thinking the same thing you were.

Stay positive, Oenus.

Acceberskli

Aug 5 2018 at 02:56pm
Aww man.

Oenus

Aug 6 2018 at 01:36pm
Quote (Bbc24 * Jul 26, 2018 21:24)

add me to that list

Hopefully you'll find what you are looking for here - there seems to be activity popping up here and there, so who knows, you might get lucky :-)

Oenus

Aug 6 2018 at 01:37pm
Quote (Acceberskli * Aug 5, 2018 14:56)

Aww man.

I hope my post didn't make you feel discouraged - there is always a chance that you'll hope online and find that there is a bit more activity. It honestly only takes a few really active people to start driving in interest.

pet143

Aug 9 2018 at 08:01am
Yah I just signed up also about 2 days ago. I was looking on meetup for something and came across a soulgeek meetup and started researching. So hopefully things pick up?

Love your steampunk look btw

Brean

Sep 2 2018 at 09:45pm
*waves*
Let’s do our necromancer best and bring this bugger back to life :-D

Oenus

Sep 8 2018 at 12:32am
Quote (pet143 * Aug 9, 2018 8:01)

Yah I just signed up also about 2 days ago. I was looking on meetup for something and came across a soulgeek meetup and started researching. So hopefully things pick up?

Love your steampunk look btw

I hope they will, and now everything is free so there shouldn’t be limits on the amount of activity we can do - so if you want to post something, do it, send messages, upload media - the more you make this site a home for yourself, the more inviting it might be for other people.
Also, thanks! I like Steampunk, but I really just like any excuse to dress up :D

Oenus

Sep 8 2018 at 12:35am
Quote (Brean * Sep 2, 2018 21:45)

*waves*
Let’s do our necromancer best and bring this bugger back to life :-D

I definitely think with a bit of magic and attention, this place can certainly be resurrected :D

shitakimushrooms1991

Sep 13 2018 at 12:21am
Know what you guys mean, I signed up some time back and this site has been rather dead. It be nice to see it come back to life lol. What kinda of magic you have in mind there sir? :P *nods*

Oenus

Sep 13 2018 at 12:37pm
Quote (shitakimushrooms1991 * Sep 13, 2018 0:21)

Know what you guys mean, I signed up some time back and this site has been rather dead. It be nice to see it come back to life lol. What kinda of magic you have in mind there sir? :P *nods*

Well, even though I'm partial to Magic: The Gathering - I think good ole fashioned sharing the site might be the magic that will be most effective :P
There isn't a lot of new traffic to the site and definitely some of the features might seem outdated to younger geeks, but if people knew there were active members and if those members were not only posting more, using different features more often, but sharing those things elsewhere, it would direct some potential users this way.
Of course that is just a thought, it makes sense to me, but I'm sure there are other methods to bring people here. I know that I would love to interact with more people, read about people's interests, hear them geek out, help others who might not feel as accepted in their real world realize that it is definitely okay to like what you like and find meaning in the various fandoms and universes out there.

Deleted Member

Sep 13 2018 at 02:29pm
FATHER!!
Edited by Deleted Member Sep 13 2018 at 02:31pm