delusionalhell: Things are looking up again
Things are looking up again
After having worked as my mother's housekeeper and (essentially) watching over her property for the last seven months while she prepared herself and packed to move to a new location, I finally have a real job again. It's nothing spectacular, but it will be nice to have an income again. And as a plus, there's a lot of physical labor involved so I'll be getting back in shape again~
So yeah, considering one of my next cosplays planned is Ultimate Spider-Woman, I'm pretty pleased/relieved about that.
It's been difficult getting back on my feet again, but that's what happens when you're laid off from the best paying job you've ever had. All you younger people out there that might be reading this, take this to heart: ALWAYS have a solid backup plan.
Cosplay Plans & Status
- Akito Sohma (Fruits Basket) - Finished, but needs some mending; my oldest cosplay and the first I ever made 100% by hand and by myself that I've been using on and off since 2004 really needs some sprucing up. But considering it's 11 years old and is only fraying a little at the hem that drags along the floor, I have to give myself some serious props on this one. Need a wig for it though, I can't keep dyeing my hair anytime I want to use it.
- Jill Valentine ( remake of Resident Evil 1) - Retired; I liked this one and it was one of my more comfortable costumes to wear, but I can't fit into the pants anymore and can't afford to replace them or the boots for a while.
- Robin/Tim Drake (Batman) - 75% complete; still need to finish the cape, belt, and boots for this one, but until I lose a bit of depression weight I'm not in a hurry...
- Wiccan (Young Avengers) - 85% complete; need to finish the bodysuit adjustments, wrist guards, and the headdress/mask.
- Spider-Woman (Ultimate Spider-Man) - 10% complete; need to commission a dye-sub spandex print before I can really get started. Another one I have to get in shape for. Super-heroes need to stop wearing spandex.
- Castiel (Supernatural) - 90% complete; still need a new coat, the one I have is way too big. Might have to make one after all.
- Loki (Agent of Asgard) - 20% complete; most of the props done, fabric bought for his coat, but still need headdress. This idiot is going to attempt to make scale mail for the thigh guards and the chestpiece, so wish me luck.
- Ciel Phantomhive (Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji) - 90% complete; still need the proper style boots, which have been a bitch and a half to find in my size. Also need to finish trimming and styling my wig.
- Quicksilver (X-Men: Days of Future Past) - 40% complete; still need most of this one, the silver jacket being the hardest to locate in a cost-effective manner, and I don't trust m y sewing skills enough to make that myself.
- Sailor Mars (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, live-action) - 30% complete; need a new wig and need to restart the costume. Major major flubs working on this one...
Realization: Spandex is evil, and I hit 30. Time to start working out a lot more.